Weekly Blessings:Week 74:Mountains vs. Molehills(Part 2)
If you were here last week, you remember we discussed part one of the “Mountains vs Molehills” topic. If you weren’t here, please follow the link and read the first part!
Remember when I told you that Lucifer was an excellent example of God being seen as a molehill? Well let me explain:
We all know the story of Lucifer, correct? He was one of God’s highest and most beautiful angels, having direct access to God. Lucifer started getting a big head and began to believe that He didn’t need God. As a result, he and one-third of the angels in Heaven decided to rebel, causing them all to be kicked out of Heaven, turning Lucifer into Satan and all those angels into his demons.
Now remember I said that Lucifer got a big head and started to feel he didn’t need God – he tried to turn God into a molehill. And he also managed to convince a portion of the angels that he was a molehill as well – but God reminded them of who He was when he kicked them all out, am I right?
If you look at the events that are going on in the world today, you see signs of Satan everywhere – and we talked about that last week, so you know where I’m coming from. Why is all of this happening?
Satan knows that his time of wreaking havoc is running thin, so he’s trying to do any and everything he can to take as many people out as possible before that time is up. He’s essentially attempting to repeat history. But what he can’t seem to understand is that, because he’s repeating history, he’s doomed to lose again. Why? Because God is a mountain! It’s satan that is the molehill!
If that’s not enough, let’s look at other characters in the Bible who have done this:
- Judas – Judas, in a way, did exactly what satan did – he allowed his own greed to get in the way, making himself a mountain and making Jesus out to be a molehill. That’s why he missed salvation, by killing himself minutes before Jesus died for the world’s sins.
- Sarah – She lost her faith and started to think that God wasn’t going to give her a son. She wound up being responsible for the two biggest faiths in the world, and part of the reason behind the mess we have going on right now.
- Anasias and Sapphira – They thought they could walk into the church and tell the apostles that they gave their complete proceeds to the church. They got caught by the Holy Ghost and died on the spot!
- Jezebel – She made everyone but herself a molehill, and that’s why she died a gruesome death
- The Israelites – I use this example a lot, but they are a great teaching tool! They made God out to be a molehill after they rescued Him, so they were forced to wander in the wilderness for 40 years
- Lot’s wife – She didn’t believe God when he instructed them to not look back. That’s why she turned into a pillar of salt
I know I’ve used these examples numerous times, but I use them because they are well-known and relatable. But I have a point, don’t I?
All I’m saying is, y’all better stop playing and take this thing seriously. God is real and He is not to be mocked.
Have a blessed week, in Jesus’ name!!
If you’d like to nominate someone for the “Faith Features series or share something (Bible verse, a song, or a message…anything!) that God has put on your heart or have a question or comment you would like to share, you’re more than welcome! If you’re interested in writing a post for “Weekly Blessings,” offering up a topic suggestion, get in touch with me via Facebook, Twitter, or Email; you can also simply comment below and I’ll make sure to get back with you!