Blogging 12 Days of Christmas: Day #8
Today’s prompt is holiday books, and I’m gonna tell you now…I’m not a fan of holiday-themed reads. Sorry, just the way it is….
But! I will give you five good reads that will keep you occupied up into the New Year!
- After Alex Died by Dakota Madison – This book tells the story of a girl trying to move forward in the aftermatch of her brother’s suicide. She winds up taking a summer job working with disadvantaged youth….and one of the boys whose bullying caused her brother to commit suicide. The story seems dreary, but it is actually a great story about love, forgiveness, and coping with the tragic loss of a loved one. I actually did a review on this book that I will post later on.
- Family Thang by James Henderson – This is a funny one! This book basically details the life of a crazy family and the chaos that ensues when the patriarch of the family is mysteriously poisoned. There’s so much crazy family drama that is relevant to many families. It’s great for mystery lovers and comedy lovers alike.
- Worst Impressions: a Teen Romantic Comedy by K.L. Brady – This story is exactly what it says it is – a teen romantic comedy. Liz is a tomboy who tries to fly under the radar, until two guys at school attempt to catch her attention. Liz thinks she has it all figured out until a serious situation causes everyone’s true colors to come out and help her make her decision. It’s teenagers, romance, and comedy all wrapped into one! I’m usually not a romance reader, but I really enjoyed the book! Check it out!
- Blessed With Crazy: The Foolish Days of Izzy by Domino – This book had me hooked from start to finish! This chick really was crazy! Diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Izzy has been battling the disease ever since she was young. Though she tries hard not to let it consume her, the disease has had her do such outrageous things that she can’t maintain a normal life or relationship. Right when she is ready to give up, fate comes to show her that it’s not over until God says it’s over. If you want an action-packed book, I suggest you give this one a try!
- Supreme Reigns by Ivy Lee – If you’re a fan of urban non-fiction, this is the book for you! It’s based on the true story of a guy from Cleveland named “Preme,” and his experiences on the streets. As he continues to rise to success, the loyalty of his family and friends are put into question. It’s really an awesome book.
Well there you are; five great books to keep you occupied until 2015! Check them out and let me know how you liked them!
Want to join in on the fun or see other Blogging 12 Days of Christmas posts like mine? Click here to join our Facebook group or here to follow the linkup!