Blogging 12 Days of Christmas: Day #4
I’ve never been a big DIY person, but I decided to share with you a DIY project that my teacher had us do when I was in kindergarten. Not sure why I loved it so much, but I never forgot it. Now I’d like to share it with you!
So today I will be showing you guys how to make Christmas Countdown Rings!
You will need:
- Tape, glue, or a stapler – your choice
- construction paper (We used red and green, but you can pick your own colors)
- a ruler
- a pencil
- Take your ruler and mark 1 inch intervals on the construction paper. You will then cut those intervals out to make your rings. Make sure you end up with 25 strips of paper.
- To start your ring, take one of the strips and tape, glue, or staple it together to make a ring.
- Take another strip (preferably of different color if you chose to use to different colors) and put it through previous ring.
As you continue reading the strips, it should turn out a little something like this:
|Image Credit: http://piecesfrommyheart-sgervais.blogspot.com/2009/11/blog-hop-day-12.html
Now you know how to make Christmas Countdown Rings! Wasn’t that easy? Now I know that we are halfway into December, but some people use them not only as calendars, but also as prayer chains, various advent chains, Thanksgiving chains, and more! The options are endless!
Hope you enjoyed my DIY project! If you try it out, let me know how yours turns out!
Want to join in on the fun or see other Blogging 12 Days of Christmas posts like mine? Click here to join our Facebook group or here to follow the linkup!