Hey guys! I decided to experiment with a recipe I found on Pinterest last night, and I have to say, it turned out quite well!
The recipe, in case you haven’t figured it out yet, was for baked pasta with sausage and spinach. Although I found the recipe on Pinterest, the actual instructions can be found on Skinnytaste.com.
Again, my version turned out well, but that’s the thing about it: it’s my version. I followed all the instructions that were given, but due to me not being able to find certain ingredients and just wanting to play around with ingredients a bit, some of my ingredients were altered a bit, and I’ll explain that a bit later.
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s actually pretty cheap. All the ingredients, except for the garlic cloves, only cost me $20 and some change at my local grocery store, which is great because the meal feeds 8 people, and the containers of ingredients I bought had more than was required for the recipe.
Now, let me explain how I made this dish my own:
- I didn’t use olive oil. That may be a negative, but I already had some Morrell Snow Cap Lard at home and didn’t wanna buy any more honestly. I didn’t have to use a lot, so it didn’t hurt.
- I switched up the cheeses a bit. Instead of ricotta cheese, I substituted it for cottage cheese and instead of buying the other two cheeses separately, I found a bag of Crystal Farms cheese that had the Mozzarella cheese and Romano (no Pecorino Romano; couldn’t find any, so I had to make do), plus four other types that wound up being cheaper.
- I couldn’t find any chicken sausage, but I did find turkey sausage, which I decided to try.
- I was lazy and didn’t want to go to another store for one product,so instead of the rigatoni pasta, that I couldn’t find in the store, I used mostacholi pasta.
- Instead of buying garlic cloves I simply used garlic salt, which I already had at home.
Try out this recipe, I dare you! Did you change anything up or did you stick to the recipe? Let me know how it goes!